Battlegrounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Battlegrounds

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chaos Space Marines

Go down 
+4
TheDarkOne
IvanMcK
tzeench
Elurindel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Elurindel

Elurindel

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-25

The Chaos Space Marines Empty
PostSubject: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 9:37 pm

Alacanthus the Revel, Sorceror of the Keepers of Ruin has come to claim this land, starting with the Warp Rift.
The Chaos Space Marines Warp_g10

Alacanthus and the sallying into Malachor.

There it stood, immobile in mid-air, a testimony to how easily the boundaries between realities may be shredded. If one were to look into its swirling, maddening depths, there could be seen, for just a moment, twisted, agonised faces, their expressions myriad and changing as soon as the eye manages to focus. Then, emerging from this tempest of madness, as though pushing through a liquid that was trying to push right back, came a towering figure. This towering giant wore ornate power armour, wrought in deep red, and inlaid with shining brass. Elaborate spikes jutted forth from the top of its helmet, and a deep void of blackness was present in each eye-hole. Biomechanical wings wrought from plasteel stretched languidly as the Sorceror of Chaos flexed his arms out in the dim twilight of Malachor, before wrapping his fingers around the shaft of a long, thick staff, its multi-hued eye glaring starkly with disdain at the world around it. There was a sound, like a long, drawn-in gust, as the servant of Slaanesh, Alacanthus the Revel, inhaled the air of this new planet.
“Another world, another opportunity to test our limits.” His whispered to himself, his voice a smooth, pleasant baritone masking the true dread that such a figure inspired to servants of the Imperium. “And the limits of those who are fool enough to die rather than submit to us.” There was a snap, and his wings retracted in, encircling his body in the manner of a cloak. He tilted his helm to catch the sight of the scouting party he had sent out ahead of the main army to test the lie of the land. Already a sickly pall of smoke belched across the horizon, as the Nurglesque bikers were returning, and it seemed they were not alone. Strapped to the back of one of the roaring iron steeds, could be caught the light-brown glint of armour. As the biker carrying the prize pulled up into a screeching skid, he whipped a pitted chainsword from his belt, and in one swift movement, coaxed the blades into a whirring fury and swiped them with a brief song of searing metal through his captive’s bonds, and the wretched figure tumbled head over heels, before collapsing at his master’s feet.
“So, the weak, naïve children of the Tau seek this world too?” Alacanthus chuckled, placing the end of his staff upon the breastplate of the unfortunate Fire Warrior, the curved blade upon the bottom sinking with nigh-imperceptible slowness into the alien’s breastplate.
“We have…come to bring the Greater Good to Mala’Chor, vile being.” the Fire Warrior spat in Gothic, his beady black eyes looking up at Alacanthus with a mix of fear and resolve to meet his fate.
“Foolish youth.” The Sorcerer shook his head, almost sadly. “How can you hope to combat that which you deny even exists? Can you honestly say, this close, that you feel anything but despair?” he stepped forward, swinging the blade on the underside of the staff cleanly upwards, leaving a hemorrhaging gash across the chest of the Fire Warrior, thin, blue blood spurting forth, staining the loamy earth a deep sapphire.
“You. Take a squad, and go out. We shall see how marvelously these children of the galaxy smoulder when we wrest the promethium from them.” He chuckled, as he left the dying Tau to squirm helplessly, as his own vitae pumped itself from his veins, counting down his own life in beats as the sound of heavy footfalls mixed with the roar of the bike’s engines, growing ever fainter as he gurgled his last moments.

His forces are as follows:

Nurgles Wildfire, 400 Point Combat Patrol Force, Keepers of Ruin (Chaos Marines)

Troops

Chaos Marines Squad

10 Chaos Space Marines (150), Two meltaguns (20), Chaos Rhino (35) with extra armour (5), second twin-linked bolter (5) = 215pts

Fast Attack

Chaos Biker Squad

4 Chaos Bikers (132) Icon of Nurgle (50) = 182pts

Total 397pts

Acolytes of Ruin, 300 Point Combat Patrol Force, Keepers of Ruin (Chaos Marines)

Troops

Chaos Space Marine Squad

5 Chaos Space Marines (75), two meltaguns (20) = 95pts

Heavy Support

Chaos Havocs

3 Chaos Havocs (45) Three Heavy Bolters (45) = 90pts

Total = 185pts

Reinforcements, 300 Point Combat Patrol Force, Keepers of Ruin

Troops

7 Plague Marines (161), two Meltaguns (20) Rhino (35) = 216pts

5 Chaos Marines (75), Heavy Bolter (10) = 85pts

Total 301pts

Alacanthus’ Librarian and co.

HQ

Savarik, Daemon Prince (110), Wings (20), Mark of Tzeentch (20), Bolt of Change (25) = 175pts

Elites

7 Chaos Terminators (210) Icon of Slaanesh (15), four Lightning Claws (40), one combi-melta (5), Reaper Autocannon (25) = 295pts

Chaos Dreadnought (90) Plasma Cannon (15) = 105pts

Chaos Dreadnought (90), Plasma Cannon (15) = 105pts

Troops

10 Plague Marines (230) two plasma guns (30), Rhino (35), Daemonic Possession (20) = 315pts

10 Chaos Space Marines (150) two meltaguns (20) = 170pts

10 Noise Marines (200) Four Sonic Blasters (20), Blastmaster (40) Chaos Rhino (35) = 295pts

10 Chaos Marines (150), two Flamers (10), Rhino (35) Daemonic Possession (20) = 205pts

7 Noise Marines (140), 4 Sonic Blasters (20) Blastmaster (40) = 200pts

Heavy Support

Chaos Defiler (150), two free close combat arms (free) = 150pts

Chaos Defiler (150), two free close combat arms (free) = 150pts

Obliterator Cult

3 Obliterators = 225pts

Total= 2590

Grand Total: 3473

Last edited by on Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
tzeench

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 10:34 pm

Player: Tzeench
Points in passve reserve:13,000
Points in Active Reserve: 6

Commander: Ahriman

Armies:

Tzeench Combat Unit#1 321
7 Thousand Sons w/ aspiring sorcererw/ warptime -246
1 obliterator 75

Tzeench Combat Unit #2 365
10 chaos space marines w/plasma cannon, heavy bolter, auto cannon 185
4 terminators w/reaper autocannon, icon of tzeench, 180

Tzeench Combat Unit #3 308
6 Thousand Sons -138
Defiler , w/ twin-linked lascannon, close combat arm, 170

total points used 994

Player has resigned
Back to top Go down
Elurindel

Elurindel

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 10:40 pm

I show incredible restraint in doing this, but I shall give you the benefit of the doubt, seeing as you are clearly new to the concept of Combat Patrol games.

Please check the Combat Patrol rules before formulating your armies. Things with 2+ saves may not be used, nor can vehicles with a combined armour of more than 34, so no Termies, Obliterators or Defilers.
This is for the sake of game balance, and realims. Nobody would devote such mighty forces to such small incursions.
Back to top Go down
IvanMcK

IvanMcK

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:04 pm

Actually, it's not Just comabt patrol that isn't being grasped here. His second list has 3 heavy weapons in a CSM squad, at a max of 2... It needs some work...
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne
Admin
TheDarkOne

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:54 pm

He decided to resign for some reason. Sad
I delete his post.
Back to top Go down
https://malachor3.forumotion.com
natlav

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 2:29 am

Tzeench was my friend, He did all of this on my computer. He said that he wasn't interested but I knew he was outraged from the combat patrol rules, he really liked his termies. FYI I wrote that he would resign, although he might come back though, don't worry dark one, you won't miss much(trust me)
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne
Admin
TheDarkOne

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 10:17 am

No problem, I just announced that he's gone.
Back to top Go down
https://malachor3.forumotion.com
Elurindel

Elurindel

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 3:57 pm

New Chaos forces deployed, stats at the first post.
Back to top Go down
Elurindel

Elurindel

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 am

Force now adjusted to show casualties.
Back to top Go down
Gorb

Gorb

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 10:14 am

Will be posting fluff for my army soon. I'll be playing a primarily Khornate Apocalyptic army, as I'll have 3,000 pts to play with. Army list will follow once the new turn starts.

Blood for the Blood God!
Back to top Go down
http://z10.invisionfree.com/warhammerendgame
Gorb

Gorb

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 10:52 am

Sh'sll Kar, the Blooded One, the Prince of Skulls. These are his days, and these are his deeds. Fear him! Fall before him! Blood for the Brass Throne!

-last communications with Exeta Prime, shortly before the planet's fall into Chaos worship and bloodshed. Exeta Prime declared Exterminatus Extremis 990.M41

++Incoming report++
++Classified: Lord Inquisitor clearance only++
++Digital signature recognised++
++Opening report++

My Lord, greetings. It has come to my attention that there has been a large warp disturbance in the area charted as the Malcadorian system. It is a relatively minor system, with only 3 inhabitable planets. Nevertheless, from what my Astropaths gleaned from their brief contact with the Empyrean, I think that the Blooded One has returned, and is seeking more bloodshed. What the abomination wants with Malcador and its surrounding planets is at this time unknown, however the disturbing factor is the size of the force which is apparently accompanying him.

This data is correct at the time of sending, as nearly all my Astropaths were burnt out from the raw rage that suffuses the Warp currently, an afterimage of the unholy Prince's passage. The data I have details an Archenemy force of apocalyptic size, numbering several score World Eaters (Traitor Excommunicatus), several prominent Chaos leaders (most notably Arkai the Scourge, a fanatical follower of the bloodthirsty Chaos God, the Lord of Skulls) as well as super-heavy armour support, and numerous transport units, all in addition to the cursed Daemon itself.

I am currently at an impasse to decide what course of action this Chaotic incursion warrants, especially as anything from a system-wide Exterminatus to a full Inquisitorial invasion is a viable option at this point in time. I refer the situation to you in the hope that your greater mind will come up with an effective solution to this problem.

Glory be to Terra!

Your loyal subject,

Inquisitor Gladdon

++End of report++
++Thought for the day: Suffer not the heretic to live++

More coming later (from a Khornate viewpoint), but this is my preliminary fluff. Enjoy!

Last edited by on Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorb

Gorb

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 5:04 pm

The Maelstorm of Gore, warhost of Sh'sll Kar, mighty Daemon Prince of Khorne (3,000 pts):

HQ: 625 pts

Sh'sll Kar, Daemon Prince: 140 pts

Wings, Mark of Khorne

Kharn the Betrayer: 165 pts

Arkai the Scourge, Chaos Lord: 165 pts

Terminator Armour, Daemon Weapon, Mark of Khorne

Makreth Darksteel, Chaos Lord: 155 pts

Terminator Armour, Daemon Weapon

Troops: 1475 pts

World Eater Squad Grythlax: 315 pts

9 Khorne Beserkers with 2 Plasma Pistols

1 Skull Champion with Power Fist

Rhino Transport

World Eater Squad Sartyk: 305 pts

1 Skull Champion with Power Weapon and Melta Bombs

Rhino Transport

World Eater Squad Melkar: 305 pts

1 Skull Champion with Power Weapon and Melta Bombs

Rhino Transport

World Eater Squad Slaith: 275

Rhino Transport

World Eater Squad Grathnar: 275 pts

Rhino Transport

Super Heavy Detachment: 800 pts

Brass Scorpion: 400 pts

Brass Scorpion: 400 pts

Apocalypse Formations: 100 pts

Maelstorm of Gore: 100 pts

TOTAL: 3,000 pts

Points in passive reserve: 12,000

Points in active reserve: 3,000

The Blooded One will deploy all his active forces from the Warp Rift in sector 7,9. Blood for the Blood God!
Back to top Go down
Elurindel

Elurindel

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 10:14 pm

3000 points and not a single Titan or Baneblade? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Imrix

Imrix

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 10:33 pm

Two Brass Scorpions and a formation though.
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 10:44 pm

You are not allowed to use points for turns you haven't played in. You start with 1k and add up 1k each turn. Otherwise at turn 7 we could have some mofo join with a 7 000pts army...
Back to top Go down
Elurindel

Elurindel

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 11:00 pm

New forces being brought in.

Points available this turn: 1150 (One Promethium Fuel Station)
Points used this turn: 975
Combat Patrol Force: Disgraced Marines

Having fled battles important to the Keepers of Ruin before, these wretched few have the unenviable task of scouting ahead and taking any abandoned sites worth having.

5 Chaos Space Marines (75)

Bolstering Savarik’s forces with:

Now the Nurglesque vanguards have secured the first assets available to the Keepers of Ruin, Alacanthus sends forth some of his personal best to bring exquisite destruction to the forces of the Imperium.

10 Noise Marines (200) Four Sonic Blasters (20), Blastmaster (40) Chaos Rhino (35) = 295pts

10 Chaos Marines (150), two Flamers (10), Rhino (35) Daemonic Possession (20) = 205pts

7 Chaos Terminators (210) Icon of Slaanesh (15), four Lightning Claws (40), one combi-melta (5), Reaper Autocannon (25) = 295pts

Chaos Dreadnought (90) Plasma Cannon (15) = 105pts

= 900pts

Total = 975pts
Back to top Go down
Imrix

Imrix

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyWed Dec 05, 2007 1:59 am

Quote :
You are not allowed to use points for turns you haven't played in.

From the rules post: "Each player can call up to 1k points per game turn"

No mention of "from the turn you arrive". Find me the exact rule that backs this up.

Quote :
Otherwise at turn 7 we could have some mofo join with a 7000pts army...

Fine. Now answer me this: Considering that Dark has said this campaign will probably last only eight turns, how much could that army DO?
Back to top Go down
Gorb

Gorb

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyWed Dec 05, 2007 3:42 am

Quote :
You are not allowed to use points for turns you haven't played in. You start with 1k and add up 1k each turn. Otherwise at turn 7 we could have some mofo join with a 7 000pts army...
Erm, yes I can. And do you know the rules for an Apocalypse game?

If I turn up with more points than the opponent (note that this is after the reinforcements someone can call in, as per theDarkOne's rules), then for every 250 pts my army is bigger by, my opponent gets an extra Strategic Asset.

So, if I had 3000 pts, and my opponent had 1000 pts? He would then get 8 extra Assets. If I had 5000 pts, and my opponent had 1000 pts? He would then get 16 extra Assets. And so on, and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Imrix

Imrix

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyWed Dec 05, 2007 3:53 am

Which is actually possible to abuse, really. How?

Somebody takes a squad of ten conscripts against a 3000 point Apocalypse army. Thank you, that'll be another eleven strategic assets on top of the one I already have...

Won't work on me though- I thought the tactic up, I have counters, but it means that just because you have an Apocalypse force does not make you invulnerable.

In your example of a 7000 point force? Fine. I hit it with three jetbikes. 66 vs 7000. I get TWENTY-NINE strategic assets to do with as I will. You think of how many Orbital Bombardments that is, hmm?
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyWed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 am

Dark will have the final word on this. It just doesn't feel right to me.
Back to top Go down
Gorb

Gorb

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptyWed Dec 05, 2007 12:13 pm

Dark told me I should post with my 3000 pts to play with.

from a PM wrote:
Just post your chaos legion(no army list yet, just fluff) in the Forces and Current status section. Then, when turn 3 starts, you will have 3k points total to assemble into army list/s. But not before then.
Back to top Go down
Elurindel

Elurindel

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines EmptySun Dec 16, 2007 5:57 pm

Savarik's forces are getting another bolstering with a CP-ready force, which is as follows:

Forces available this turn: 1775 (1k+3 promethium stations + points left over from last turn)

Forces being used: 400

Consists of:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chaos Space Marines   The Chaos Space Marines Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chaos Space Marines
Page 1 of 1