Battlegrounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Battlegrounds

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imrix vs Me

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDarkOne
Admin
TheDarkOne

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 10:42 pm

Nothing really worth the mentioning, since i outnumbered him very bad. 8 dead guardsmen, nothing below half strength. 3 dead pathfinders, victory for the guard. The armies are locked into combat until the end of the turn, though.
Back to top Go down
https://malachor3.forumotion.com
Exiled

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Funny way of streching the battle details. The only reason for which you meagre humans won was lack of ammunition on our side!
Back to top Go down
Elurindel

Elurindel

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 11:11 pm

Or perhaps the foolish Eldar were afraid to show their faces.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne
Admin
TheDarkOne

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Sheer advantage in massive numbers.
Hawks are nasty though.
Back to top Go down
Imrix

Imrix

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 11:57 pm

Quote :
Or perhaps the foolish Eldar were afraid to show their faces.
You wish.

It was a bitter taste in Lairashel's mouth, to be attacked so brazenly by humans so close to the Webway. Could they not know that this was Eldar ground by right? Well they would learn.

Several metres to his left, a half-dozen winged Aspect Warriors in sky-blue armour crouched. They looked tense, and kept glancing to the figure in their middle- an ornately armoured warrior who Lairashel deduced must be their Exarch.

Nine Eldar to defend against a force of roughly thirty thirty humans, at the last count. Lairashel didn't think it was a fair fight, but they would see about making the humans pay for the gate.

Watching the humans, Lairashel saw them come into range and levelled his rifle, then paused. No. Away to the right, some of them had already arrived and were aiming a crude heavy weapon. He recognized it as one of their cumbersome 'bolt' weapons and ducked behind a sturdy section of wall as the explosive rounds blow holes in the wall around him and his fellows.

As if it was a signal, the Exarch gave an exultant yell and Lairashel turned his head sharply to watch them leap into the sky with perfect precision. It was an almost beautiful sight. But the Mon-Keigh weapon had stopped firing, and he rose slowly, taking careful aim with his rifle with his fellows.

It was a bad shot, the Mon-Keigh were dug in and, he grudgingly admitted, knew the basics of using cover. Salail proved they did not know enough however, when he brought one down with a a needle to the head.

Several things happended at once then. Firstly, the humans got the rest of their crude guns into position and opened fire, chewing up Lairashel's stone cover with fist-sized bolts and catching Risian in the shoulder.

The shot exploded messily and blew Risian's arm clean away, but his fellows had not yet registered this. Then the Hawks arrived.

They never even landed. Just swooped in out of nowhere and swung their legs forward at the lowest point, dropping a clutch of grenades onto the humans before leaping away once more. The ripple of explosions and ruptured earth the charges threw up was a sublime image to Lairashel's eye, but even more beautiful was the three shattered corpses that were thrown up.

A poor price for Risians wound, but a price nonetheless. Alas, amid the explosions and settling dust, Lairashel could find no target and, judging from Saleils silent weapon, neither could he.

As the human weapons began firing again, Lairashel ducked out of sight along with Saleil as bolt shells boomed around them. Saleil looked over at Risians wound, which she had already begun to dress. Saleil looked it over, commented that it looked bad and turned to Lairashel.

"We must leave."

"Aye, the Hawks will know. Risian, can you move?" After a curt nod from her, Saleil helped the wounded Eldar to her feet and they scrambled away. Their part was done.

-

Orothir dived once more, timing his dive to the milliseconds before bringing his legs out underneath him to drop more grenades. It was almost bland, the combat. There was nothing the humans could do to harm their assailants, but they were too well dug in to be truly maimed by the rain of grenades.

The first salvo had claimed some, but the humans were better prepared now and another ripple of explosions claimed none.

Then, realizing they could not fight back properly, the humans started moving again. Away, deeper into cover. Orothir smiled s he dived- on the move, the humans would be easier targets, and he proved this when the next salvo claimed another two of them.

Now the humans moved back, and Orothir felt sure they had lost their nerve. They were meandering around like headless food-animals that had yet to realize their deaths. It wasn't a battle, more of a day on the targetting range.

In one run, he even risked firing a burst from his rifle, claiming another of the humans into the embrace of death. But as if fate dissaproved of his deviation from the usual tactics, on the next run there were no charges to drop. Orothir, like his squad, were stunned.

Was victory to be denied to them by mere lack of ammunition? Indeed, it seemed so. Quenching his frustrations, Orothir followed his Exarch and headed for home. The Farseers would need to hear of this- but still, it was a galling loss.

Last edited by on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne
Admin
TheDarkOne

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 12:00 am

Thanks for posting this; it is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
natlav

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 12:07 am

damn, eldar lost Sad
Back to top Go down
Elurindel

Elurindel

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 1:13 am

(BTW, to anybody else looking, I play Eldar. I was just getting into the Chaos smack talk)
Back to top Go down
Imrix

Imrix

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 1:25 am

Word to the wise. Don't piss off the guy who's God Plan you a) know about and b) can do squat about.
Back to top Go down
Elurindel

Elurindel

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 1:33 am

Hey, it's all in good fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Imrix vs Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imrix vs Me   Imrix vs Me Empty